Mountain Pose -Tah-DAHS-anna
Tada – Mountain
How to do
– Stand with your feet hip bone width apart. Lift and spread your toes and the balls of your feet, then lay them softly down on the floor. Rock back and forth and side to side. Gradually reduce this swaying to a standstill, with your weight balanced evenly on the feet.
– Firm your thigh muscles and lift the knee caps. Lift the inner arches, then imagine a line of energy all the way up along your inner thighs to your groins, and from there through the core of your torso, neck, and head, and out through the crown of your head. Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor.
– Press your shoulders back and down. Without pushing your lower front ribs forward, lift the top of your sternum straight toward the ceiling. Widen your collarbones. Hang your arms beside the torso.
– Balance the crown of your head directly over the center of your pelvis, with the underside of your chin parallel to the floor. Soften your face and eyes.
– Improves posture
– Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles
– Firms abdomen and buttocks
– Relieves sciatica