Happy Baby Pose – Ananda Balasana
Ananda = Blissful
Bala = Baby
How to do
– Start on your back with your knees drawn in towards your chest.
– Grab hold of your feet with your hands. Ensure your arms are in front of yourshins, and you are holding on to the outside edges of your feet.
– Draw your knees wide and toward your armpits and try to stack ankles above knees.
– Opens and stretches the hips
– Stretches the inner groins
– Lengthens and helps to realign the spine
– Calms the mind and relieves stress
– Strengthens the arms and shoulders
– Knee or ankle injuries
– Extremely tight hip
– If you can’t easily hold your feet with your hands, try holding each foot with a yoga strap looped around the middle arch or grab thighs and pull into chest