Forward Bend – Uttanasana
Ut = Intense
Tan = To stretch or extend
Asana = Posture
How to do
– Exhale and bend forward from the hip joints, not from the waist
– Knees can be bent or straight
– Crown of the head dropping toward the earth
– Fingers/ hands reaching towards the earth
– Stretches your hips, hamstrings, and calves.
– Strengthens your thighs and knees.
– Massages your internal organs and helps improves digestion
– you central nervous system and helps calm your mind
– Recent or chronic injury to the hips, hamstrings or back